United Kingdom / Code: EPJ01793Candidatar-se a esta oportunidade
Our Client is one of the largest NHS Trusts in South West England. We are looking for Nurses to join them as a Stroke Nurse.
Grade NHS Band 5
Hours Full time: Up to 37.5 hours per week
Salary £24,907 - £30,615 per annum pro rata
· The post holder will be designated on a regular basis to take charge of the ward/department in the absence of the ward manager or senior nurse after two years in post and on an occasional basis within the first two years in post.
· The post holder will work within and lead a clinical care team.
· The post holder will take personal responsibility and accountability for ensuring that Trust and local policies and procedures are known and followed and will ensure duties are carried out in accordance with the advisory guidelines and practice set out in the NMC code of Professional conduct.
· The post holder will be responsible for assessment, planning, provision, maintenance and evaluation of patient care.
· The post holder will take responsibility for the supervision and guidance of other staff including health care assistants and students on a daily basis.
· The post holder will actively contribute to the provision of a good learning environment by taking on the role of mentor/assessor for learners eg. Student nurses and support worker roles.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Organise and participate in the delivery of high standards of evidence based nursing care
. · Take regular responsibility to carry out required planned, direct patient care to a high standard without direct supervision in accordance with established nursing procedures and policies.
· To report to the appropriate members of the multidisciplinary team any significant changes in a patient’s condition or situation.
· Responsible for taking charge of the ward/department on a regular basis in the absence of the person who has continuing responsibility.
· Take personal responsibility as a team leader for the delivery of care of patients in a defined area. · To contribute towards health promotion for all patients by providing education, support and advice, as necessary Ensure referral to appropriate professionals or agencies as required.
· Ensure the safe ordering, administration and custody of patients’ medication according to Trust policies and procedures. · In the absence of senior staff be responsible for delegation and supervision of appropriate work to other qualified staff, health care assistants and students
· Where relevant to be responsible for and assist in co-ordinating discharge planning in partnership with the multidisciplinary team
· Where relevant, responsible for the admission, assessment and preparation of patients undergoing treatment or investigations.
· Escort patients to other wards or departments as required.
· To take personal responsibility for ensuring that patients are treated with courtesy at all times, the individual needs of patients are respected and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
· Liase effectively with other disciplines or departments as appropriate.
· To be able to act in emergency situations and to be familiar with emergency procedures including fire and resuscitation. To be responsible for the support and direction of junior staff in such situations according to Trust policy.
· To be responsible for ensuring provision of a safe and therapeutic environment for all patients, relatives, visitors and colleagues.
· Ensure the readiness for use of special equipment and the availability of nursing supplies in conjunction with the senior ward nurses.
· Ensure the safe custody of patients’ valuables and property according to Trust policies.
· Report to nurse in charge/line manager all complaints, incidents or accidents involving self, staff, patients, visitors and complete relevant documentation according to Trust procedure.
· Be responsible for reporting and documenting any broken or damaged equipment according to Trust policy.
· To have detailed knowledge of Manual handling regulations particularly with regards to the moving and handling of patients. To be responsible for ensuring that assessment of patients’ manual handling needs are carried out and ensure junior staff and students follow these requirements in the course of care delivery.
· Ensure safe storage and disposal of substances hazardous to health in accordance with Trust policy. Ensure availability of facilities for disposal of sharps, toxic/cytoxic waste in accordance with trust policy.
· In support of senior staff or ward manager assist with monitoring and report to ensure stock levels are maintained and that the correct quantities are in supply.
· Monitor the use of supplies by junior staff to promote efficient use of all supplies.
· To be aware of the directorate bleep holding function.
· To have an awareness of the requirements for staffing the ward or department.
· Undertake aspects of ward administration as agreed by the ward /department manage.
· Report reliably any episodes of sickness for self or that are reported to you to the Registered nurse in charge to enable skill mix to be maintained.
Education / Training / Qualification
Personal Qualities/Special Circumstances