Our client is looking for a new member of staff to assist the multi-disciplinary operating team to provide exemplary care by offering a timely portering service.
Theatre Porter | Theatre Assistant | Birmingham | Full Time – 37.5 hours
Our client is looking for a new member of staff to assist the multi-disciplinary operating team to provide exemplary care by offering a timely portering service. The service will include escorting patients between wards, departments and the theatre suite There is an element of manual lifting in this role as you will also be transporting equipment, furniture, medical records, meals, specimens and linen.
Shifts are variable on a rota between the hours of 7am and 8pm so please only apply if you’re flexible to this.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare patient, self, equipment and materials appropriately for the tasks* to be undertaken
- Obtain consent from patients before starting the tasks*
- Tasks can include moving and handling, ensuring patient comfort and safety at all times.
- Support patients throughout the task encouraging them to promote their own health and well-being when possible.
- Identify and report to an appropriate person any significant changes that might affect the patient’s health and well-being during escort duties and moving/handling.
- Respect patients’ privacy, dignity, wishes and beliefs and minimise any necessary discomfort
Who we're looking for:
- Comfortable with manual lifting
- A desire to work in the healthcare industry
- Customer facing experience
- Prior healthcare experience (Desirable)
- Compassionate and able to showcase excellent patient care
- Strong communication skills
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- Reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.